7 Important Facts About Osteoporosis

Seeking Medical Help

If you have experienced any warning signs of osteoporosis, see your doctor right away. If you are older or have a family history, they may suggest you have a DEXA scan to check your bone density. This is more in depth than a simple X Ray. (X Rays can only detect problems after a bone is fractured.) Your primary care physician will probably refer to you a specialist if you are diagnosed. You may see an endocrinologist who specializes in metabolic disorders or a rheumatologist who specializes in diseases of joins, muscles and bones. These specialists will work with your primary doctor to ensure you are receiving the best care possible.